25 July 2006

This. Means. WAR!!!!

I keep very little sugar in my house. A bag of sugar, to put in baked goods, in tea, and on strawberries; a few miniature candy bars that I bought in a moment of weakness; a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch because that's what Sam wants for breakfast when she's here; and some trail mixes that my mother sent me for Valentine's Day. That's about it. Yes, there's a little bit of sugar here and there with other things, but it's not massive sugar chunks or anything.

It's been kinda a very stressful day. I mean, I woke up happy, and five minutes later, lying in bed, work floated into my mind and I shot up (at 8:15am--anyone who knows me well knows that this is very unusual) and looked some stuff up online for programming at the Youth Center. Yeah, this is wonderful. I relaxed a bit after my research session, went to work early, and talked for about two hours with my boss about things that we've been doing wrong since I got there, things that need to change, things that should be a certain way, things that need to be added to our programming, what to do about the new boss coming in, etc. Yeah, this is fun, let me tell you. I should've taken notes. Afterwards, I stop to set up an interview for a potential new employee, look over notes about another girl I'm going to be overseeing (currently oversee three, soon to be four, potentially five...), and set up a meeting time for the latter girl. By tomorrow morning I have to have her work schedule done for the rest of the summer. None of this is really a big deal. Programming, none of it, it's all good, it's my job, it's what I do, and I really enjoy it.

After work there was a meeting for a festival I'm helping plan. Not a big deal. It's all fun and games (no, really--I'm on the games committee).

I'm a bit stressed and want something sweet so I go to my cabinet to get some sweet cereal--only one of my four cereals is sweet--and I discover, yes, you guessed it! The ants have returned and infested the box. I'm upset! No fear... I quickly sought revenge. I grabbed that box of cereal and put it in the sink, filling the bag with water, then taking it outside to the back porch while imagining the ants' wails of misery as their bodies filled with water... (heheh) (--I was informed later that ants can survive for days in water. Dangit!) I then Cloroxed the inside of my cabinet, and that was incredibly successful, those babies hadn't a chance!

(A week later, I'm finishing this post.) Needless to say, I'm quite upset about the loss of my cereal. Two bags of candy later, I'm still distressed about this incident. Is there no good way to get rid of these pests? And mice! Bah. They're getting smarter and smarter... today I found the two mouse traps I set last night with no bait (at ALL--as if it were licked clean!) and no mice. More pests to deal with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home