05 June 2006

Ending Relationships

As my friend said, I think the reason that I'm grieving is that there is no longer a chance to see my uncle, and to spend time with him. However, depending on beliefs, I can still talk to him. Relationships don't have to end. Their status can change, the means of communication can change, but they don't have to end. This ties into the thread about friendship that Hezzah started. I've always hated the end of relationships.

Often I have discussed dating relationships with friends and acquaintances. From my point of view, I don't see why you would break up with someone and then stop talking to them completely. Perhaps there are hard feelings, but they can be overcome. If you think about it, long-term relationships consume so much of your time, energy, and most importantly, heart, that it's almost wasteful to not care about someone and remain friends with them post-break. For instance, one friend I dated for about a year, and we were quite serious. Despite the pain of the break-up, or perhaps because of it, we're still friends. Another relationship I had ended in a horrible way... and we are still friends.

Speaking of which... I'm going to pick up my phone and contact some people I haven't talked to in months. Why don't you do the same?

2 Comments:

At 6/07/2006 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People term relationships in only one way (eg: "friend", or "lover"), and when that section is cut away, they like to pretend -- well, that it never existed, for one, and also that the relationship between two people cannot continue in another way. It's cowardly, it is. And extemely human.

The thing I've come under the worst flak for (between friends) is for going on with the friendship between myself & some people I've been with. STUPID.
- e.

 
At 6/09/2006 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.postexpression.com/.


it looks interesting.
(just to say.)
-e.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home