19 May 2006

Odd Behavior 2 (also)


I would have commented to Behavior. Behaviour? Odd, Angie, but I couldn't include this picture in a comment. As you know I live in the woods... so, odd behaviors such as this are the kind we see outside our window. Hmmmm...odd bird, eh?

2 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Angie said...

That's... interesting. I know we talked about this type of behavior in my Animal Behavior class. One of the possible explanations is that the bird sees its reflection in the window and is threatening it, trying to fight it. Thanks for the picture though. Robin must have been doing it for quite some time in order for you to take a picture. It's a wonder that it didn't hurt itself.. or fly away!

 
At 5/19/2006 12:19 PM, Blogger Kent Knowlton said...

I actually had time to take several pictures of this because the robin repeated the behavior several days in a row. After taking some "time off" it returned to do it again a couple days ago. We thought of the reflection explanation as well... put the outside screen in after the first "visit", but that didn't deter. We're waiting now to see if there are more episodes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home