17 May 2006

Begin the Musing!

This will be my first attempt at a blog. I have no idea how to start this. Most of my musings are in the form of emails to close friends from past phases of my life. These are people who are still dear to me, and will remain dear to me no matter where I go. I know they will always be in touch; I know they will always be there for me when I need them; they know they can rely on me in much the same way. This, I think, is love.

I've always embraced the idea that there are different types of love. My favorite is the one mentioned above. My friends may not always be available right then, yet I know if I want to contact them, and the phone is not an option due to differing schedules, I know that they will read my emails, and they care while they read them. They may not respond immediately, they may not ever respond directly to the thoughts I share with them, but they are there.

I used to write in a journal. I enjoyed it. It was a way to get my thoughts out of my head, a way to relieve the pressure so to speak. But then I opened up to a friend via email, writing in the same manner as if I were writing in my journal. It was a wonderful experience. Not only did I expel my troublesome thoughts, but I also received the gift of her thoughts on the same situation. A fresh perspective, if you will, that brought new insight, other things I could learn from the situation, and different ways of handling it.

I've a B.A. in Psychology... I love differing viewpoints simply because I love finding out why people think differently than I do. Those emails, and perhaps this blog, is a good way to find out more.

1 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 1:08 AM, Blogger Kent Knowlton said...

..."expelling troublesome thoughts"...there's a concept! So, maybe trust is a key factor in this thing we call love. I think you are wise beyond your years to recognize that love comes in "colors".

BTW...Sir Musicmaker is working toward his degree in psychology as we type. Check out his 360 blog.

pops

 

Post a Comment

<< Home